Third Ear Conflict Resolution is pleased to share that our founder, Nance L. Schick has been selected for the 2023 New York Metro Super Lawyers list for the sixth consecutive year! According to Super Lawyers, no more than 5% of the lawyers in a state are selected to receive this honor.
As might be obvious, Nance’s focus area is workplace dispute resolution. She works hard to keep parties out of court, where they can:
- Save the time, money, and energy costs of litigation
- Resolve conflicts informally and rebuild relationships
- Build skill in resolving disputes quickly, fairly, and completely
As a neutral third-party, Nance has helped many people, including:
- Business owners dissolving entities they don’t want to continue
- Investors interested in small businesses with compliance issues
- Employers and employees no longer seeing eye-to-eye
Her clients are often in licensed professions or other trusted advisory roles. Think accountants, business and employment attorneys, financial advisors, funeral directors, and social workers. She has also been working with large international corporations since 1989 and minor league sports organizations since approximately 1994.
What Is Super Lawyers?
Super Lawyers is the rating service part of Thomson Reuters. Each year, the service rates outstanding lawyers across more than 70 practice areas.
The Super Lawyers list is based on merit, not financial investment. This is not a “pay-to-play” award system. Additionally, the service considers attorneys from firms of all sizes. Reviewers consider attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Importantly, Super Lawyers uses a patented, multiphase process that includes:
- A statewide survey of lawyers
- Independent research of candidates
- Peer reviews by practice area
How Nance Can Add Value to Your Workplace
As a Super Lawyer, Nance is known for her skill in workplace dispute resolution. Notably, businesses and workers trust her to resolve conflicts. Here are just a few examples of
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment. Through informal resolution processes like impartial investigations and mediation, Nance can help resolve current disputes. Plus, you’ll build skill in resolving future ones.
- Performance. Often with small manageable projects, Nance can assist you in building mutually beneficial partnerships with your employees. Your values-based employee handbooks and ongoing support can go a long way in creating the workplace you want.
- Compliance. Nance can provide guidance on a wide range of employment law and compliance matters without judgment. You’ll get the benefit of more than 20 years of experience in law, management, and human resources.